Installation and Application
EPA-Regulated Antimicrobial Copper Peel-N-Stick Tape Foil.
Sizes 4”, 8”, 12”, 24”, 32” x 20’ or 50’ rolls on a standard 3” core.
Recycled USA Made Antimicrobial Copper.
Adhesive Backed Antimicrobial Copper.
Non-toxic and No plastics
EPA Reg. # NV-97293 FIFRA #85341-3
- Surface Installation Temperature is above 40 degrees °F
- Indoor and Outdoor use.
- Handles, Railings, Grab Bars, Table tops, Bathrooms, Doors, etc.
- Approx life 2+ years. (If not damaged)
CD Installation Instruction with Pictures
Tools you’ll need
Make sure you have the following items before you begin installing CopperDisinfector™ (also referred to as CD in this document):
- Wear protective gloves
- Safety glasses and face shield to protect the eyes and skin when using the CD cleaners.
- Drop cloths and masking are needed to protect surrounding surfaces and materials when applying CD cleaners.
Installation tools and accessories
- CopperDisinfector™ approved squeegee
- Non-permanent marker and straight edge or ruler to mark the top and ‘edge lines’ on the surface before application.
- Scissors or an Exacto knife to cut the CopperDisinfector™ film to the desired size.
- A heat gun for removing any prior material from the surface.
- The CD surface cleaner (you purchase with the product) to prepare the surface for installation
- 70% Isopropyl Alcohol
- Cleaning pads.
- Soft cloth, CopperDisinfector™ squeegee to smooth out air bubbles after installation.
- Soft-clean rags, paper, or cloth towels to clean the surface at the end of the installation.
Points to remember
Take a look at this section before you begin:
- The irregular or rough surfaces will show through CopperDisinfector™, so smooth surfaces work best for a good appearance.
- The surface that is irregular or rough will show through CopperDisinfector™ so smooth surfaces work best for a good appearance.
- Try a less-visible area when you first apply CopperDisinfector™. Quality installation results from practice.
- Removing CopperDisinfector™ from a surface can damage the surface. If you need to remove a prior installation, use a heat gun to soften the adhesive for easy removal.
- If applying outdoors, make sure it is not raining or the temperature is above 40 degrees F for good adhesion.
- Do not reuse CopperDisinfector™. If a piece needs removal, replace it with a new piece.
- Minor wrinkling does not affect the effectiveness of CopperDisinfector™, but you probably want a surface with as few wrinkles as possible for cosmetic reasons.
- Do not use contaminated adhesive. If the adhesive has fingerprints or dirt on it, cut out that section before installation.
- WARNING: The edges of the CD may be rough or uneven when installed. The CD is metal and sharp, so wear gloves to protect your fingers. Also, consider wearing protective clothing.
- Use a razor blade or similar tool, and a ruler to remove any rough edges and achieve a straight line.
- Remove or cut away lifting edges caused by damage, dirt, or contaminated adhesive during installation or use.
- For best results, apply CD above 40 degrees F. Using a heat gun or portable space heater, you can heat the surface and CD material. The temperature may be too low if CD has issues sticking or forming to the surface. In this case, move the installation to a warmer environment if possible.
- The ideal storage temperature for CopperDisinfector™ is between 65 to 85 degrees F for the longest shelf-life and ease of insulation. The adhesive has a shelf-life of one year from purchase. Please note that extreme temperatures will reduce the shelf life and can damage the product.
Must clean surface before applying any copperdisinfector products with alcohol and let dry or it won’t stick properly and shorten life.
Cannot be applied to rough or fabric surfaces only smooth clean dry
How to apply CopperDisinfector™
Prepare the surface
- Remove any loose or peeling paint or corrosion and sand the surface to a smooth finish. Surface roughness shows through CopperDisinfector™ because it is a relatively thin material.
- Use the surface cleaner to create a surface free of oil, dirt, dust, or other debree. This step is essential to ensure that the adhesive bonds properly with the surface. Please note that if necessary, use a heat gun to remove any old adhesive material on the surface from a prior installation. Do not overheat, or the surface will damage.
- Make sure the surface is completely dry before you apply CopperDisinfector™. This step is especially important if you are conducting installation in the open.
- Clean with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol.
Precut and test fit
To test fit:
- Measure and test-fit pieces of CopperDisinfector™ and lay them out on the surface to verify everything fits together. If needed, use Scotch tape to hold pieces to a vertical surface while doing this.
- Ensure you have enough product to finish the entire job and some extra to account for mistakes.
Position CopperDisinfector™ on the surface:
Use the non-permanent marker to mark ‘edge’ lines on the surface to guide your installation. Make sure the pieces fit together along these lines.
Install CopperDisinfector™ in straight lines only! Going in any non-straight direction will create a wrinkle. Fit pieces together by butting surfaces to one another.
- Apply the pre-cut pieces of CopperDisinfector™, one piece at a time. Peel off the adhesive backing first from the selected piece before laying it on the surface.
- If you have made a mistake in your installation, remove the film right away. Do not reuse the material. Replace with a new piece.
- Apply pressure to the installed surface. Using CopperDisinfector™ approved squeegee, press down on the surface from edge to edge, to ensure good adhesive contact, remove any ‘bubbles.’ Note If the material does not stick to the surface, it means that either the surface was dirty or the adhesive became contaminated. Remove the installed film immediately, clean and dry the surface, and install a new piece of material carefully.
- Use CD Surface Restorer to remove tarnish or discoloration. Wipe and rinse dry.