It has been proven time and again that copper is a powerful antimicrobial agent*. It is so effective that many hospitals are now implementing the use of copper products to help reduce the acquiring of infection.
But what happens when you compare medical stainless steel against copper? Which one comes out on top? Copper has been proven better then stainless to disinfect your high-touch surfaces
In this article, we will compare medical stainless steel and CopperDisinfector™ antimicrobial tape so that you can make an informed decision about which is the best fit for your needs. Please keep reading to learn why CopperDisinfector™ protective film wins!
What Is Protective Film?
Disinfectants are commonly used in healthcare facilities, such as hospitals and clinics. In fact, UVC LLC products have been protecting healthcare facilities for decades with our EPA-approved green technology.
What Should You Consider When Choosing a Protective Film?
When choosing a protective film for your surfaces, it would be best to consider the following:
Medical Stainless Steel versus CopperDisinfector™ Protective Film: Which One Should You Choose?
What Are Some CopperDisinfector™ Facts?
Here are some copper facts that re-affirm why you should choose our antimicrobial, copper protective films:
- The antibacterial effectiveness of copper metals won’t degrade over time, unlike coatings or other material treatments. They are substantial. They provide long-lasting defense; Including stainless.
- Initial research at the University of Southampton in the UK and tests later carried out at ATS-Labs in Eagan, Minnesota, revealed that copper-based products are effective.
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE)
- Enterobacter aerogenes
- Escherichia coli O157:H7
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
These bacteria are considered typical of the most dangerous pathogens, resulting in severe and frequently fatal infections. According to EPA studies, MRSA and the other bacteria mentioned above, on touch surfaces, are destroyed by copper alloy: up to 99.9& within two hours of contact.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), hospital-acquired infections in the United States affect two million people annually and cause close to 100,000 fatalities. The use of copper alloys for frequently touched surfaces as an addition to the current handwashing and disinfection routines advised by the CDC has significant benefits.
Contact CopperDisinfector™ Today!
Contact us today if you’re looking for a copper protective film to keep your surfaces safer. We offer some of the best copper films so that we will have the perfect product for your needs. Call us at 775-782-4464, and we’ll be happy to help you find a suitable protective film for your surfaces. For dealer inquiries or further questions about our products, history, technology, installation, commercial uses, or more information, please visit our website at CopperDisinfector LLC.
UVC LLC and CopperDisinfector™ introduces EPA-Reg., patent-pending, green tech that destroys up to 99.9% of bacteria on touch surfaces, 24/7!